Saturday, January 26, 2013

In State Tuition for Illegal Aliens....Really???

The first hurdle in allowing in state tuition rates for illegal immigrants passed. Why am I annoyed? I paid for my education the old fashioned, I worked and went to school and I'm an American citizen, I just wanted that on the record. Other states charge American citizens attending their schools an out of state of state tuition rate, sometimes double the instate rate. What should the rate be for an out of country student? Why does Colorado insist on helping illegal immigrants while American families who pay into the system via their income taxes (well most do) go broke trying to pay for a college education... yet an illegal is going to get a break. No other country in the world just hands a check and medical benefits to anyone who applies or comes across the border and has a kid in a U.S hospital. I lived in Canada for a while and I needed to have an established residence for two years and meet other criteria before I could apply for resident medical benefits. I just don't get it. I could ramble on for hours but the Colorado Legislature....has gone too far!

No comments:

Post a Comment